Mental ill health is one of the biggest threats to businesses and organisations today. It costs UK employers billions every year in sickness absence, reduced productivity and staff recruitment and takes a terrible toll on individuals’ well-being – yet a huge number of employers are unsure of how to approach the problem and for many it remains a taboo subject.
Combining original drama with powerful real-life stories and insight from frontline mental health experts, ‘Mental health in the workplace’ from Skill Boosters shows how putting mental health on an equal footing with physical well-being can deliver huge benefits all the way from the boardroom to the shop floor.
The training will focus on:
• The business case for supporting good mental health in the workplace
• Employers’ legal responsibilities and duty of care
• The importance of communication and compassion
• Common triggers for stress
• How to recognise the early signs of stress, anxiety or depression
• What to do if someone develops a mental health problem
• Providing effective support for people with mental health issues
• Embedding a workplace culture that values and promotes good mental health
Find out how a mentally healthy workplace can help unlock potential, boost productivity and improve engagement with Mental health in the workplace training from Skill Boosters.