Delegating is one of the key tools that a manager has to develop and motivate the individuals on their team. While it requires an investment of time and effort at the outset, giving people the space and time to carry out activities that will stretch and challenge them can be hugely beneficial in the long run, as it supports staff development and builds motivation and gives managers more time to focus on other aspects of their role. This course looks at how to delegate effectively by identifying the tasks that are appropriate to delegate and sets out ways to structure and monitor them in order to ensure that the goals of the organisation are met and that professional development occurs in the process.
This course will give a better understanding of:
- the benefits of delegating
- why we may fail to delegate and common mistakes
- how delegating can support staff development
- choosing suitable tasks for delegation
- delegating according to individuals’ skills and needs
- how to set SMART objectives
- the importance of planning, monitoring progress and providing feedback
- the five levels of delegation.
Being aware of unconscious biases, or being aware of the potential for unconscious bias in our decision-making, is probably one of the biggest steps that we can take.Prof. Binna Kandola OBESenior Partner, Pearn Kandola LLP
Our courses are available in three different formats
All available for easy download from our Members’ Resource Centre
Get your full preview trial account
If you would like to preview any of our courses or discuss our flexible and cost-effective licensing plans, please don't hesitate to get in touch.